WHAT IS ONLINE COUNSELLING?
Just like counselling in an office, online counselling offers the possibility to understand and process any difficulty that you are undergoing, assuring you a safe and supportive environment without being judged, just being guided to discover your best options in order to enjoy life once again!
THE ADVANTAGES OF ONLINE THERAPY
- it is readily available (personal computer – internet connection – Skype)
- you don’t have to travel anywhere, avoiding heavy traffic and saving the time required to arrive at a certain location
- you can have access to a therapist even if you live abroad and you would like a therapist who speaks your mother tongue
- you are shy and anxious and you would like to start with counselling meetings from a safe and comfortable space
THE LIMITS OF ONLINE COUNSELLING
- you are not used with online meetings and it is hard to express yourself that way
- you don’t have a personal space at home where to feel you can talk without being interrupted or without having the feeling that someone is listening
- you suffer from a severe Psychological disorder (Psychotic disorders, suicidal tendencies), which should be treated in a clinic and with the aid of medication
THE EFFICIENCY OF ONLINE COUSELLING:
Being a relatively new approach, there are not many studies in this direction, but from our experience, it gives results just like regular office counselling. Therapy efficiency is mostly based on the counsellor’s professional training and experience, but also on the beneficiary’s desire to change.
ARTICLES ABOUT ONLINE THERAPY:
Online psychotherapy on NHS urged
Myths & Realities of Online Clinical Work