Hi, my name is Paul Negrulescu and for the last 5 years, I have been living and working in counselling in the wider Wellington region.
It would be a privilege to get to know you and to work together on issues that you would like to bring into therapy, with a Family Systemic approach (I have 11 years of experience in professional counselling).
As a counsellor in Wellington (main office - directions), Lower Hutt (directions) and Upper Hutt (directions), I am working primarily with adults, but also with adolescents (16+) on different issues, and I have particular experience in:
- Family & marriage counselling (individuals or couples) - stressful and conflictual family lives; unsatisfying or destructive relationships; communication breakdown, loss of intimacy, emotional or sexual shutdown
- Life challenges / Life transitions - adolescence identity crises, middle age crises, separation from children, struggles with parenting including support for those with young children; immigration and adjustment problems etc.
- Traumatic experiences - present or past abuse (physical, sexual, emotional), neglect, PTSD, loss, grief
- Emotional and behavioral problems - unprocessed anger, sadness, separation from a loved one etc.
- Feelings of anxiety and depression (moderate levels)
- Confusion and self-doubt, as well as identity issues
- Pervasive feelings of meaninglessness or emptiness
I am a certified counsellor with NZCCA (full member - New Zealand Christian Counselling Association).
ACC approved counsellor*
Clinical Practitioner Member of NZAFT (New Zealand Association of Family Therapy).
I am working under professional supervision. Confidentiality is strictly assured between the client, myself and the supervisor (without identification).
ACC approved counsellor for sensitive claims (working with trauma from sexual abuse).
How does this work? If you know you have an accepted claim or you don't know for sure if you are eligible for ACC funds, we can still meet for at least one or two meetings when we can figure out what is the best path for you in counselling. You will not need to pay anything if you agree to submit an ACC lodge application.
A subsidy is usually available for WINZ beneficiaries.
What can I expect from a counselling session in a systemic approach? How does it work?
Systemic counselling is about the changes and constancies of human relationships. Family systemic therapy is based on the belief that individuals cannot be understood in isolation from one another, but rather as a part of their own or original family (values, believes, role expectations, patterns of communication and interaction etc.). With this training in my practice I apply scientifically validated procedures that recognize that:
- conscious and unconscious processes influence behaviour, emotions and cognitive experience.
- experiences remote in time and place influence perceptions and actions in current relationships.
- people influence and are influenced by the systems they are part of.
- physical, emotional, mental and spiritual aspects of experience are interrelated.
Systemic therapy will provide a safe space for you to explore your relationship thoughts and feelings.